Definition: I or me, we or us or our refers to Victoria Hill and Victoria Hill Therapies.
I am providing this web site and its contents on an "as is" and on an "as available" basis and make no (and expressly disclaim all) representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, with respect to this web site or the information, content, materials, products and services included in this site including, without limitation, warranties of satisfactory quality, merchantability, non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy and fitness for a particular purpose.
I and/or my respective suppliers may make improvements and/or changes to the site.
I do not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this web site is accurate, complete or current or that functions available on the site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available is free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
I do not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the website or any of the content. While I try to ensure that all content provided by us is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by us or on my behalf for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website. Price and availability information is subject to change without notice. The documents and graphics published on this server could include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors.
I am not responsible for any content posted by members of the public or other third parties on this site or for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through the site. Any links to third party websites from this site do not amount to any endorsement of that site by us and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
Nothing in these terms limits or excludes my liability for death or personal injury caused by my proven negligence. Subject to the previous sentence, I shall not be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this web site or the information, content, materials or products included on this site including (without limitation) loss or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise):
(a) loss of data;
(b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits;
(c) loss of business;
(d) loss of opportunity;
(e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation;
(f) losses suffered by third parties;
(g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of the site regardless of the form of action.
If any of these terms in this disclaimer is determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms is intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
My failure or delay to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive my right to enforce that right.
These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
Questions or problems regarding this web site should be directed to us via email at: email@example.com.
Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions are for the benefit of both of us. By following these simple guidelines we will eliminate the possibility of any potential situation arising where I have not been fully informed about your medical history and we avoid other possible misunderstandings.
I rely on your honesty and openness at all times when discussing your past and present medical histories with me no matter how you may feel about it. Its purpose is solely so that I can accurately gauge and alter my therapy and massage treatments and any ingredients involved with those treatments to give you the maximum benefit. Some ingredients can bring about adverse reactions for some people, so to know all conditions of a person's medical history is important to protect you as well as me.
Terms and Conditions
By booking and attending a treatment with me you are taken to have read, understood and agree by these Terms and Conditions.
I reserve the right to change my Terms and Conditions when necessary. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are up to date with all of my Terms and Conditions and you should check this website from time to time to review the current Terms and Conditions. Certain provisions of my Terms and Conditions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at my website (www.victoriahilltherapies.co.uk) or given to you at a treatment.
My commitment to your treatment
1. All treatments I provide will last for the specified duration purchased.
2. You must complete a consultation form prior to treatment and will receive a consultation in addition to your treatment.
3. Treatments will only be conducted if I deem the treatment safe for you to receive.
4. GP/Consultant permission may be required before treatments can be provided.
Your commitment to your treatment
5. You understand that massage and other similar treatments are therapeutic in nature and are not a substitute for medical examination or medical care.
6. You agree to honour all existing and future medical practitioner appointments.
7. You also agree not to stop any course of medication or treatment as prescribed by your GP or other medical practitioner without first discussing this with them.
8. You agree to update me with any and all information in regard to any and all changes to any and all medical treatments as these changes may affect my treatment of you.
9. If you are under the age of 18 you must be accompanied by an adult who is your parent or legal guardian.
10. The adult must co-sign the consultation form.
11. The adult must give permission for the treatment to be performed.
12. The adult must be present in the room throughout the consultation and treatment.
13. Your consultation and / or treatment details will not be discussed with anyone other than you unless you are under the age of 18 or have a care worker or guardian.
14. I will keep consultation forms and treatment notes will be kept on file securely.
15. By signing the consultation form, you are giving me permission to hold records and data about you.
16. Personal information will not be shared with any third parties.
17. Prices and special offers are subject to change without notice.
Cancellation and Inappropriate Behaviour
18. I have the right to cancel or terminate a treatment without notice if you demonstrate what I regard as inappropriate behaviour including sexual harassment or if you are or appear to be intoxicated or have been or appear to have been using drugs or if the room or environment is unsuitable for the treatment to be provided or if I am taken ill.
19. A booking is confirmed once we have both agreed a date, time, duration and location for a treatment.
20. If a cancellation is made by telephone, email or text but not any social media such as Facebook or Twitter more than 24 hours before a treatment you will not be charged.
21. If you cancel within 24 hours before a treatment by any means or miss a scheduled appointment you will pay the whole amount that would have been charged in full as a cancellation fee within 7 days.
22. I can waive cancellation fees at my discretion.
23. I have the right to cancel a treatment by giving 24 hours notice by telephone (including leaving a voicemail or answerphone message), email or text but not any social media such as Facebook or Twitter.
24. I commit to using my reasonable endeavours to rearranging treatments to a new time and date within two weeks of the cancelled treatment where possible provided the cancellation has not been due to your failure to cancel according to these terms or for inappropriate behaviour, an unsuitable environment, intoxication or the use or appearance of the use of drugs.
25. Payment can be made by cash, cheque or direct bank transfer.
26. If I have to cancel an invoice for inappropriate behaviour payment will be due for the full treatment price.
27. If I am unable to collect the money immediately, an invoice will be sent to your address and must be paid within 7 days of issue.
28. An invoice must be paid within 7 days of the issue date.
29. Vouchers can be used as payment towards any available advertised treatments.
30. Vouchers are only valid for one use.
31. If the whole amount of the voucher is not used, another voucher for the remaining voucher sum will be issued.
32. Vouchers are only valid up to and including the expiry date.
33. Postage will only be charged for vouchers that are paid for online and then posted.
34. Refunds are not available for vouchers already paid for and provided.
Referral Voucher Scheme
35. Each current, local, client receives three vouchers with their name written in my handwriting on the back.
36. The expiry date will be within three months after the voucher issue date, also written in my handwriting.
37. You may give vouchers to people you expect to redeem the vouchers and purchase a treatment.
38. When three vouchers you have been given have been redeemed you may have a free 60 minute treatment of your choice at a mutually convenient date and time.
39. I may ask you to complete a feedback form.
40. The content of such a feedback form may be used in publicity material and on the website in the form of a testimonial, but only with your consent.
41. If you wish to make a complaint this must be emailed to the address specified on the main page of this website.
42. Complaints must include the date and location of the incident, the full name of the complainant, details of the complaint and a desired outcome following the complaint.
43. All complaints will be taken very seriously and a response will be provided within 28 days.
Insurance and Ethics
44. I am registered with and abide by the code of ethics provided by The Federation of Holistic Therapists.
45. I am insured by Holistic Insurance.
46. I or anyone acting on my behalf do not assume or accept responsibility for your healthcare needs. Any therapies you may undertake are done so voluntarily by you on the understanding that you have read and abide by the Terms and Conditions as set out above.
Definition: I or me, we or us or our refers to Victoria Hill and Victoria Hill Therapies.
I am committed to protecting your privacy. I will only use the data which I collect about you lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and our privacy statement.
I own and control the data collected on my site, which I may use for my internal marketing and to improve my site.
I do not disclose this data to third parties, unless required by law or court order. However even then, I will at all possible times control and be responsible for that use of your data.
I collect personal data, which you voluntarily submit to me, for example when you complete a form on the site. I may use this data to provide you with newsletters and other information which you may have requested.
When you fill in a form or purchase from me, I collect information that you volunteer such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number and other information necessary to contact you or send you an invoice.
I will periodically send you email about new products and services, discounts, special promotions, upcoming events or other offers I think you might be interested in. If you do not wish to receive such emails in the future, please click the 'unsubscribe' link on any promotional email you receive from us or by sending an email to us or write to us at the mailing address shown. Please provide us with your exact name, email and address.
Persons who supply us with their telephone numbers on-line may receive telephone contact from us with information regarding new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such telephone calls, please let us know by sending an email to us or write to us at the mailing address shown. Please provide us with your correct phone number.
When someone visits my website I collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. I collect the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet and I gather information such as what browser and which version of it you're using, the type of operating system you have, and which site you came from. This information helps us provide an online experience that matches your device.
We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. I collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting from this information.
- Your response to one of my emails
- Time and duration of your visit to my site
- Pages you viewed while on my site
I may also supplement the information I collect with information I receive from other companies. For example, I may use marketing and remarketing segments developed by us or other companies to customize certain services to you and provide relevant marketing and remarketing offers tailored to you.
If I do collect personally identifiable information through my website, I clearly state this and make it clear what I intend to do with it.
I take appropriate steps to protect your data both online and off-line. I ensure that my suppliers use firewalls and SSL encryption as appropriate to protect the information on my web servers.
Implied consent means that by using my website, you agree to cookies being set. If users want to disable cookies, this policy talks you through how to do this.
How to Disable Cookies
If you do not want to receive cookies from this website, select cookie settings under the privacy settings in your browser options.
Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
Cookie settings in Firefox
Cookie settings in Google Chrome
Cookie settings in Safari
How to opt out of some cookies
My Site's Cookies
My website uses a number of cookies to store data on my visitor's computers. The use of those cookies by my website is as follows:
Third-party cookies: I do use several widely-used third-party plugins as marketing tools for my own business and to provide convenience for my visitors. I have no direct control over the content of the cookies they create, the use made of any data collected, or the security of that data. These third parties may collect information about your visit to my website, and they may use this with other data in order to serve advertising which may be more relevant to you. Some visitors may see this use of data as intrusive.
Flash Local Shared Object (LSO) storage
If you want to manage the contents of your Flash Local Shared Objects, please use Adobe's Website Storage Settings panel here. I rarely use Flash technology on my website, however in some limited circumstances I do use Flash.
Other cookies I may be using
I occasionally trial other services which may create cookies on your computer. If I am currently doing so then these trials will be listed here.
I believe there is no reason to be concerned about the privacy implications of any of the cookies I or 3rd parties use, but I do recognise the importance of making you aware of the purpose and scope of the data stored in the cookies which are created or updated on your computer when you visit my website. You may choose to delete these cookies from your computer between visits to my website.
I recommend that if you have concerns about the privacy implications of the cookies I use, then you should investigate how to do this using the cookie management tools in your web browser. Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Links to other websites
My site contains links to other sites. Please note that I am not responsible for their privacy practices and this privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites or those other sites. I encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Marketing and remarketing
I may place and track advertisements on third-party websites. Like most advertisers, I place advertisements where I think they will be most relevant to customers. I place advertisements by developing and using my own marketing segments that may combine online and offline information about my current and prospective clients. In addition, I may use marketing segments provided by online publishers and network advertising companies.
It's important to note that the information I use about you helps us provide you with products, services and experiences that benefit you. You have the ability to control how your non-personal information is collected and used online.
I may change this statement at any time by posting revisions on my site. Each time you enter this site, you agree that the privacy statement current at that time shall apply to all data which I hold about you.
Consent: By using my site, you consent to my use of your personal data in the manner set out in my privacy statement.
Definition: I or me, we or us or our refers to Victoria Hil ands Victoria Hill Therapies.
Organisation Name: Victoria Hill Therapies
Address: 115 Church Road
City, Zip: Bath, BA2 5JJ
Country: United Kingdom
Controller: Victoria Hill
Web Sites(s): http://www.victoriahilltherapies.co.uk
Providing Visitors with Anonymous Access
You can access our Web site home page and browse our site without disclosing your personal data.
The services and links of our Web site
My Web site may enable you to communicate with other visitors or to post information to be accessed by others. When you do so, other visitors may collect your data.
My Web site does not include links to third party Web service providers.
Automatic Collection of Information
I do not automatically log personal data nor link information automatically logged by other means with personal data about specific individuals.
Data Collection and Purpose Specification
I collect the personal data that you may volunteer while using my services.
I do not collect information about visitors from other sources, such as public records or bodies, or private organisations.
If I wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, I will offer you the means to consent to this new purpose.
I do not knowingly collect personal data from children.
I take specific steps to protect the privacy of children by making reasonable efforts to ensure that a parent has authorised the collection of the child's personal data
I do provide information about our personal data practices in relation to children wherever we knowingly collect personnal data from children on our Web site.
Disclosure and Visitor Choice
I do not disclose our visitors' personal data other organisations.
Confidentiality / Security
I do not give visitors to our Web site the option of using a secure transmission method to send me their personal data.
I have implemented security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that I have under my control from:
- unauthorised access
- improper use or disclosure
- unauthorised modification
- unlawful destruction or accidental loss
Any employees and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal data, are obliged to respect the confidentiality of my visitors' personal data.
I ensure that your personal data will not be disclosed to State institutions and authorities except if required by law or other regulation.
Access to the personal data we may hold about you
You can ask me, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org whether I am keeping personal data about you. Upon request I will provide you with a readable copy of the personal data which I keep about you, within a week - although I may before require proof of your identity. I will provide the information without any charge. I allow you to challenge the data that I hold about you and, where appropriate, you may have the data erased, rectified or amended, or completed.
I reserve the right to refuse to provide visitors with a copy of their personal data, but will give reasons for my refusal.
I do, however, allow you to challenge my decision to refuse to provide you with a copy of your personal data.
There are no global or regional regulatory or self-regulatory schemes applicable to my web site or organisation.